In addition to our core expenditures for law libraries, the Community Legal Information Association (CLIA), legal education coordinator, and scholarships, the Law Foundation has been pleased to provide funding support for projects that have included:
- The PEI Chapter of the Hard of Hearing Association to pilot of project using assistive hearing devices in the legal system on PEI.
- Alzheimer Society of Prince Edward Island received funding to expand their current Caregiver education series to include module and webinar on Legal Planning and Dementia
- The PEI Human Rights Commission for a contract person to liaise with the Department of Education and work towards the development of education materials and the delivery of education on human rights principles in Island schools. Read More
- CLIA to hire a coordinator for the course "The Best Interests of the Children in Custody and Access" Read More
- PEI Family Violence Prevention Services
The Law Foundation provided a grant in 2014 and 2016 to PEI Family Violence Prevention Services to conduct sessions across the province on "Women and the Law"
- PEI Association for Community Living for Wills and Estates workshops to be delivered across the province.
- East Coast Environmental Law workshop and publication
- Access to Family Justice Think Tank
- Collaborative Law of PEI – Collaborative interdisciplinary training for lawyers, accountants and mental health professionals
- East Prince Women’s Coalition - Funding provided to assist the Coalition for the provision of public legal education in the Prince County region in the areas of social justice and access to legal aid for family law.
The Law Foundation supports students by providing scholarships. Currently we provide yearly scholarships to:
- Dalhousie Schulich School of Law Read More
- University of New Brunswick Faculty of Law
- Holland College Legal Administration Program Read More
- UNB Centennial Scholarship Awards Read More
For more information on scholarship opportunities, please contact the relevant institution directly.